Sunday, January 15, 2006

Behold the Mighty Wurlitzer!

Haven't updated in a while. It's not that nothing new has been going on, quite the opposite in fact. Lets see, the big new cool thing was that I started teaching last monday, the 9th. How crazy is that? Me, a teacher. So far it's going well. I'll admit it too, I was scared as hell. The night before I got no sleep. But the class is cool. I'm not scared anymore, and it'll be really fun. It already is. It's cool back being on campus. I just got my new One Card as well. It says "Faculty Professor" on the bottom. How weird is that?? And what's even weirder is that I requested to use my same picture. So I have a pictures taken the summer before freshman year on my professor one card. Weird wild shtuff.

Then yesterday, Mike, Jess, and I all went downtown to watch a screening on the silent film classic Metropolis. The cool part was that it was at the Orpheum theater, which was built in 1927, and the movie was accompanied by a live playing of the score by the original "Mighty Wurlitzer" organ! It was a really great experience, watching a movie from that time period in a theater from that time period with the score being played live from an organ from that time period. It was like we were being trasnported back in time... time... time... Very cool evening.

Today I just hung out here. Around 2pm is was really nice outside, the rain had gone and it was nice and sunny. I wanted to go somewhere and check out the nice day, but I didn't know where to go. So I stayed home. Fun. I went to the Bridge with Cassie and had dinner and saw Last Holiday, so that was fun. It was an actually good movie with a good message: Live it up while you can. It kinda made me start thinking about some changes I need to make in my life. Yeah, a Queen Latifah comedy did that lol. Like I need to start going more places, seeing more sites, get a girlfriend, and just live it up. it kinda makes me realize how much I want someone to share my life with, you know? Someone who understands me, shares my interests, and just be that person who is always there, can be counted on, etc. I guess that's what everyone is looking for though after all. So if you happen to know that person, feel free to set me up! LOL But now it is almost 3am and I'm getting all sappy, so lets move on.

Monday is the day to end all days. Monday is when I go dine at Disneyland's exclusive Club 33. The club that most people have never heard of or even seen. The club where if you do know about it, chances are you have never been inside, and would give anything to go. The club that Walt himself designed for his VIP guests. Monday, I am one of those guests. How kick ass is that???? I will have a special edition blog describing the event. Monday.

No comments: