Monday, July 25, 2005

To Elaborate

Yeah, so as my last post said, I don't want to work at EA anymore. I was super depressed and mad about it, so now that I've cooled off a bit, I'll elaborate.

Thursday night I had an epiphany: EA is teh sux0rz. I realized that I didn't like working there, I didn't like doing overtime, and I didn't like working weekends. I don't want to sound like an ass, or I'm full of myself or anything, but I know that I'm the best guy there and I can't stand stooping down and testing other people's games that suck. I should be making the games, not testing some other person's crappy idea because I know I could make it so much better. Yes yes, I know it's a temporary position, and I know "you gotta start somewhere!" and I know it could be a lot worse and I know I should be glad for having a job there and I know it pays the rent, but still. I hate it. I can't wait to get the hell out of there. It feels like a job, and I didn't go to college to get a fucking job, I went to college so I could have fun with work and do what I wanted. Why the hell did I decide to major in animation?? If I wanted a "job" I would have majored in business or something equally as boring. At EA, all I do is find other people's crappy mistakes (bugs) and tell them how I found it so they can fix it. Fun huh? Oh yeah, and I found out today overtime is now mandatory! So that means working 9am-9pm mon-fri and saturday 10am-7pm on something I don't fucking care about! Woohoo! So EA sucks, and I want to get out the hell out of there. I can stick it out for a little while, but man I hate it. It actually makes me depressed working there, and I'm never depressed. And when I am, I fucking hate it. Fucking EA.

(wow, that was a pretty mean entry, huh? Lots of nuaghty words...)

No comments: