Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Crazy Week of Magical Fun: Day 4

Today was fun. Pretty laid back overall. Slept in until late, which was nice. At around 3:00pm, Mike's bro came over and picked up his bikes (finally!) so that was cool. I now have 3 square feet more room in my room! Then Andrew and I high-tailed it to Best Buy. Sin City came out today, so that was a must buy. Such a cool movie. I also picked up the Great Escape starring Steve McQueen, which is a really cool WWII movie, Once Upon a Time in the West, one of the best westerns ever made, The Quick and the Dead, a cool western directed by Sam Raimi (Spider-Man, Evil Dead), and I also got an 8 disc Little Rascals box set, which is soooooo cool. It even has The Kid From Borneo on it!! I know only 2 other people know what the heck that means, but I'm stoked. Here's a pic to give you an idea what it's about:

Definitely one of my favorite Little Rascals shorts. After Best Buy, we grabbed some Taco Hell, watched Kid from Borneo, an episode from Simpsons season 6, and then Sin City. It's really funny, at comic-con, Andrew got me a kickass Sin City poster, and after watching the movie again, I decided to put it up. So now I have 2 posters up in my room of my 2 favorite places: Sin City and Disneyland. I have some pretty varied tastes I suppose, just by looking at the stuff in my room you can tell. Anime cels, Disneyland poster, Sin City poster, a framed Bambi print, a Captain EO poster, a 3D sign with a gargoyle that says "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" which is right next to my Fraggle Rock poster, then you look at my dvds, and you'll notice that my Full House season 1 set is right next to Goodfellas. Then I also have a Bambi artbook sitting next to the From Hell graphic novel. My music collection has everything from Garth Brooks to Nine Inch Nails to Al Jolsten and Cab Calloway. Pretty eclectic (wow, vocab word!), but I enjoy it all! I figure the more variety in taste I have the more chances of having fun I have... And I like to have fun. So today was pretty chill. Now to figure out what tomorrow has in store..... perhaps Hollywood? The possibilities are endless.

No comments: