Thursday, August 18, 2005

Crazy Week of Magical Fun: Day 5

Today was cool. Got up around 11am, so didn't sleep in quite as long. Took a shower, and decided to go get a haircut. I loaded up my iPod with new tunes, and I was off! First stop, the good ol' haircuit place. They always do such a good job, and it's only $10. Good deal. After the haircut, decided to stop at Jack in the Crack for some grub. Stopped in the Games 4 Less first, and they said they'd get a shipment of Nintendogs in later today (joy!) so I should come by later. Went to da Crack, had a Club Sandwhich (which was actually really good) and then off to Hollywood! First stop: Meltdown Comics. I wasn't planning on getting anything, but they had Alex Ross' artbook in, so I had to get that. They also had a Bruce Timm book in that I new Andrew would love, so I got that for him. And as I was about to pay. they had Superman For Tomorrow vol 2, which I didn't know was out yet, so I had to get that as well lol. After spending more money than I wanted, I headed out to Amoeba. I wanted to get the new Nine Inch Nails cd, which I just downloaded and was oh so good, and also Green Day's American Idiot cd. I downloaded that a while back and have grown to love it. Gotta support the artists by buying cds you know! So I found both of those, then I scored! They had a used copy of Disney's Peter Pan on dvd, which is super rare and usually goes for over $50, but I picked it up for $14.99!!! I also got a cd called Walt Disney takes you to Disneyland. It's off an old record, and Walt discusses each land and has music from each land as well. Very cool stuff. After my purchases, I decided to blast some Green Day and drive down Hollywood blvd. Even though I've been here over 4 years now, it's still so fun to drive down Hollywood and just gawk at all the cool stuff. I also saw some old people on La Cienega all dressed up in the park playing chess. That really made me smile. On the way back, I stopped by the game place again to see if they had Nintendogs, but alas, that is next week. Got back home, tallied my purchases, realized I better not eat until my next paycheck (lol) and then Kristina IMed me to go to dinner with her, PB$, and Beth. Heck, it's a week of magical fun, might as well eh? So we went to mystery italian place in Manhattan Beach, which was really good, and then headed back. We all wanted to watch a movie, and after being 10min to late to rent one from Blockbuster, we headed up to my place to pick from my wide selection. Beth was up for anything, and after Peter chose Unforgiven, everyone pretty much agreed to see that since they hadn't before. Good movie. Everyone enjoyed it, especially when Clint went Wolverine on their ass. Overall, a very fun day, very much worth being deemed Crazy Week of Magical Fun worthy.

No comments: